Your recipe for sweet apple pie
Victoria Beckham shares a very special moment for her on Instagram: Backtag with her daughter Harper. The two Beckham women make an English apple pie for David and the boys.
Victoria Beckham, 46, is not only a fashion designer, ex-Sprys daughter and mother, but also shows off her side as a housewife and baker on Instagram. She makes apple pie with her nine-year-old daughter, Harper.
“So me and Harper have applesauce we made from apples we plucked from the tree, huh Harper?” Victoria wrote in her Instagram story. The daughter answers in the background: “Yes, from our garden!” Mother and daughter were picking apples together. Victoria reveals even more: This recipe is the favorite cake of her 15-year-old son Cruz Beckham.
Victoria Beckham’s Apple Pie recipe
“Apple Pie with Home Grown Apples for Boys” Victoria Beckham writes about the story. Apple pie with regional and seasonal apples is a fall must-have. In England, apple pie differs from the typical German apple pie in terms of dough. The English version is covered with a thin, rolling pastry. In the middle are juicy apple slices sweetened with sugar and cinnamon. Add as many hazelnuts or walnuts as you like.
Victoria Beckham’s Apple Pie: Ingredients
- 200 g flour type 405
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- 120 g of cold butter
- 4-6 apples (depending on size)
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- sugar for sprinkling
Victoria Beckham’s Apple Pie: Preparation
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and cold butter to the flour mixture in parts and knead the dough with a dough mixer or a dough fork. It is important to work the dough cool, otherwise it will stick. Therefore, kneading by hand is not suitable here.
- Then roll the dough into a ball and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples, remove the core and cut the apples into small slices.
- Chop the walnuts with a knife and add to the apples.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and add to the apple and nut mixture and mix everything together.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it in half. Roll the first half between the cling film into a circle about 1.5 cm thick so that the dough fits the shape of the pie. Put the dough in the form and cover the edges.
- Place the apple filling on top of the dough.
- Roll the second half of the dough and place it on the filling so that it is completely covered. Cut the remaining dough from the edge and press it firmly with a fork. Cut a cross in the middle.
- Spread the surface of the dough with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes.
Hint for enjoyment: English apple pie is best enjoyed warm. Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and topped with Baileys Apple Pie like its creamy counterpart, this cake is a fabulous treat. As an elegant icing on the cake, you can also serve Baileys Apple Pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Victoria Beckham is baking with her family
Victoria Beckham and her husband David Beckham, 45, have been in the kitchen baking together since the start of the corona pandemic. For “Posh” Spice, it’s the special moments she spends with her family that she loves to share with her fans.
Sources used: Instagram, Hello Magazine