Princess Bea von Auersperg cooked up Iles flottantes dessert for the ‘Perfect Celebrity Dinner’ – but what exactly is it?
The name Iles flottantes, a delicious dessert served by Princess Bea von Auersperg to her famous guests at the “Perfect Celebrity Dinner”, comes from French and German for floating islands. The dessert, also known as the Parisian patty, is not only very popular in France. Find out below how you can easily replicate the “Perfect Celebrity Dinner” recipe.
Are you looking less for an exquisite Parisian dessert and more in the mood for a British classic? Then try Harry Potter’s favorite cake, pumpkin pie. Mexico also has a lot to offer culinary wise – do you already know the Mexican Pancakes of Death? The latest Instagram trend is also something very special: Oreo chocolate chip cookies – you really can’t get much more cookie.
For the French dessert Iles flottantes from The Perfect Celebrity Dinner, you will need the following ingredients.
- 4 egg whites
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 500 ml of milk
- 200 ml of vanilla sauce
- 4 tablespoons of strawberry puree
You can use the remaining egg yolk as a perfect omelette for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Don’t want to miss more recipes and kitchen tricks?
Click here for the gourmet newsletter from our partner Merkur.de
It takes about half an hour to prepare iles flottantes
- Beat the egg whites hard. Sieve the powdered sugar and mix.
- Then pour the milk into a pot, put it on the stove and boil it.
- Use your hands to form patties from the egg white and powdered sugar mixture, then drop them into the boiling milk. After a short time, after rising, take out the dumplings again and put them in a bowl.
- Decorate the baked dumplings with vanilla sauce and garnish with strawberry pulp – et voilà: Iles flottantes are ready.
If you like, you can also serve the floating islands from France with raspberries or other fruits.