Updated: 24.09.2021 – 19:25
Surprise from the heart!
Convincing inside and out: pastry pie with potatoes and Camembert
With just a few ingredients to taste success: The name of the pastry with potatoes and camembert says everything about the food. It is not easy to express the taste in words, for this you have to cook the food yourself. How we explain:
And this is how it is done:
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes. Cover the pot with salted water, bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Disassemble, drain well and return to the pot. Stir in the cream, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and lower heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out half of the soft dough on a lightly floured work surface into a circle (about 28 cm in diameter) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread one third of the potatoes evenly in the middle. Place the Camembert on top and spread the remaining potatoes on top and all around, leaving about 1.5cm of space.
- Roll out the remaining dough into a second, slightly larger circle (about 30 cm in diameter). Beat the egg and rub the free edge of the dough on the baking sheet. Put the lid of the dough on top and press the edges well so that the cheese does not fall out. Brush the surface with egg and, if desired, draw a spiral with a sharp knife.
- Bake the pie in the oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, carefully place the cheese and potato pie on a platter and serve.
A “pie”, a type of cake with a pastry base, filling and usually a pastry lid, is a traditional British dish. It can be very different. From versions without a pastry lid to sweet options with meat, fish or vegetable fillings. They come in large and small sizes, as a small snack and a full meal. Ours Shish pie with potatoes and camembert it’s a very special creation that gets a French touch with cheese. Surprise yourself with a crispy crust and Camembert filling with creamy potato cream that melts in your mouth!
One of the most famous pies in Great Britain is shepherd’s pie, characterized by a final layer of potatoes. This classic is reinvented again and again. With other ingredients like this shepherd’s pie with mashed sweet potatoes or a vegan version of shepherd’s pie, without any animal products!
With meat, but not traditionally British, is the so-called rappy pie: the Canadian version of the classic pie. Try the many possibilities and discover your new favorite recipe.
What these pies all have in common is potatoes, sweet or not. In our video, we explain what four typical mistakes are when cooking potatoes and how you can avoid them:
In addition to potatoes, shish paste is also an important component, at least for our potato and camembert cake. The best sweet and savory recipes with pastry are collected in our gallery:
show the description