Whether it’s in front of the TV, at the office, or just out of boredom, we all like to snack. And in that case, most of us reach for the usual suspects from the supermarket like crisps, chocolate, cookies or pralines. These taste good but are full of fat and sugar and therefore unhealthy. Regular consumption not only makes us fat in the long run but also makes us sick and sluggish. So, if you want to eat a balanced diet or lose a few pounds, you should keep your hands off it. There are more healthy alternatives on the market now, but homemade always tastes better, right? So, if you’re looking for something healthier to eat during your next Netflix marathon or girls’ night out, check out our low-calorie weight loss snack recipes. Whether it’s protein cookies, low-calorie ice cream, low-carb crackers, or sugar-free roasted almonds, here are the perfect treats to enjoy without regrets!
What are low calorie snacks for weight loss?
Healthy and low-calorie snacks for weight loss – sounds like an oxymoron at first glance, right? Chips, chocolate, etc. it contains lots of calories, sugar and fat, but no vitamins and protein. Fortunately, there are many healthier and equally delicious alternatives to aid in the weight loss process. Think of your snacks as mini meals that provide your body with all the nutrients it needs. Low sugar and calories, good fiber, lots of protein and minerals – this is what an ideal healthy snack should look like.
Coconut protein chocolate chip cookies
Snack without regrets and enjoy! With our recipes for low-calorie snacks for weight loss, this is no problem! Super tasty, quick to make, and only 75 calories per piece – these Coconut Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies are just the perfect healthy snack for the evening or the office!
Ingredients for 20 cookies:
- 120 grams of peanut butter or almond butter
- 60 grams of maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 30 grams of vanilla-flavored protein powder
- 10 grams of chia seeds
- 30 grams of hemp seeds
- 30 grams of coconut flakes
- 50 grams of dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and egg until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and baking powder and mix.
- Add the chia and hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Then make 20 small biscuits and bake for 12-13 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly and you’re good to go – healthy, low-calorie snacks are so easy to make!
Low-Calorie Low-Carb Muffins from the Microwave
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up the good things in life. Need ideas for low-calorie snacks for work? How to make a super quick and low carb chocolate brownie in the microwave.
Ingredients for 1 brownie:
- 15 grams of almond flour
- 10 grams of cocoa powder
- 10 grams of peanut butter
- 30 ml of almond milk
- 15 grams of erythritol
- 20 grams of dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Spray with a small cup of cooking spray.
- Mix almond flour, cocoa powder, erythritol and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add peanut butter and almond milk and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate and pour the mixture into the mug.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes and enjoy!
“Snickers” stuffed dates as a low-calorie snack for weight loss
Do you like Snickers bars from the supermarket? Then we have the perfect healthy and low calorie weight loss snack for you! These peanut butter stuffed dates are made with only natural ingredients and taste better than the real thing!
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 10 Medjool dates
- 30 grams of peanut butter
- 40 grams of peanuts, finely chopped
- 90 grams of dark chocolate
- Carefully cut the date lengthwise and grind it.
- Mix peanut butter and peanuts in a small bowl and fill with dates.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes while you melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the filled dates into the chocolate and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- And your “Snickers” dates are ready as low-calorie snacks for weight loss!
Low-calorie chocolate ice cream with avocado
Whether it’s chocolate, vanilla, fruit or creamy soft serve ice cream – ice cream is a summer must! Are you on a diet and don’t want to miss out on this summer treat? With our low-calorie weight loss snack recipes, you don’t have to either! Super creamy and only 140 calories and 2 grams of net carbs per serving – this low carb chocolate ice cream with avocado is a dream!
Ingredients for 8-10 servings:
- 230 grams of ripe avocado, mashed
- 70 erythritol
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 240 grams of full fat coconut milk per can
- 120 ml almond milk, unsweetened
- 110 grams of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- First, bring all the ingredients to room temperature.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix to a creamy consistency.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little more almond milk.
- Pour the mixture into a sealable container and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with as much fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chopped chocolate as you like, and your low-calorie, low-carb chocolate ice cream is ready!
Low carb crackers recipe
A Netflix evening on the couch is perfect when we just have something to nibble on. Not a chocolate lover? No problem! As an alternative to chips, we will simply make delicious low-calorie snacks! Super tasty and only 140 calories and 6 grams of net carbs per serving – serve these low-carb crackers with a low-calorie spread and the evening is saved.
Ingredients for about 30-40 crackers:
- 50 grams of almond flour
- 70 grams of ground flax seeds
- 15 grams of sesame
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp each dried thyme and oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the egg and knead with your hands to make a sticky dough.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with some cooking spray and place dough between them.
- Roll the dough thinly with a rolling pin and carefully remove the top of the baking paper.
- Using a knife, carefully cut to desired size.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with your choice of dip and enjoy!
Low-calorie snacks for weight loss: Sugar-free roasted almonds
Sugar-free roasted almonds as a low-calorie weight loss snack? Sounds too good to be true, right? Quick to make, super crunchy and full of flavor – the perfect meal for a night out or work!
Ingredients for 15 servings:
- 450 grams of almonds or other raw nuts of your choice
- 100 grams of erythritol
- 60 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot enough, add the erythritol, water, cinnamon, and salt and stir well until the erythritol dissolves.
- Add almonds and vanilla extract to the pan and mix well.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool completely and your sugar-free roasted almonds are ready!