Just a few ingredients and just made in the oven? These are the best recipes. Be sure to try Rappi pie: stew with grated potatoes.
of Rappie Pie is a traditional Canadian dish, more precisely, it comes from the province of Nova Scotia in the east of Canada. The name is derived from the French word “patates râpées”, which simply means “Fried potatoes‘ because it is also the main ingredient. This is just the right recipe for all potato lovers! But meat connoisseurs are also in the right place here: the other ingredients are chicken breast and broth. So it will be heartwarming!
Leftover mashed potatoes? You can imagine this flavor from leftovers.
Potato Casserole Recipe Rappie Pie: You only need a few ingredients
|Preparation time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
- 2 onions
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 liters of chicken broth
- 800 g of chicken breast
- 1.8 kg of potatoes
- salt and pepper
Variations of reppi pie are made with beef, game or seafood instead of chicken. Just try the one you like the most. In the original, by the way, as in most stews, cheese is not added. If you like cheese, you can simply sprinkle grated cheese on top of the grated cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking time and bake it like this.
Also interesting: What knife for what? Important differences and application tips.
How to make Rappie Pie Canadian Potato Casserole
- Peel and chop the onions. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan and fry the chopped onions over medium-high heat until they turn a nice golden color.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Dry the chicken breast with a kitchen towel, cut into pieces and add to the broth. Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the meat is done. Then remove the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and set aside. Also, remove the pot of chicken stock from the heat.
- Now peel the potatoes and grind them on a kitchen grater or in a food processor. Place the grated potato on a clean tea towel and squeeze well to squeeze out the liquid. In a bowl, sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper. Now pour a little broth, the result should be the consistency of oatmeal.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/fan or 180°C fan. Grease a large casserole dish with the remaining butter and put half the potatoes in it. Sprinkle over fried onions and chicken breasts. The rest of the potato mixture goes on top.
- Place the casserole dish in the hot oven and let the rappie pie cook for about an hour. Pour a few spoonfuls of chicken broth from time to time to keep the stew moist.
And the Canadian classic is ready, you must try it once. Bon Appetit! (crazy)