Summer is finally here and with it comes the fun season we all look forward to. Although parties are there to relax and enjoy life together, preparing for them can be tiring and stressful. After all, guests need to feel comfortable, enjoy great snacks, and women also need some time to prepare their place or appearance. It is extremely useful if at least some of the small meals intended to ensure the physical well-being of the guests can be prepared the day before. Preparing finger food the day before is practical, but also difficult, because the dishes must be well chosen. After all, it should be food that is fresh, crispy and appetizing. We have prepared several recipes for you.
Prepare a quick finger food the day before: an appetizer buffet
Appetizers should not be missing at any party. They are delicious and versatile because they allow for unlimited combinations and creativity. If you prefer an appetizer buffet, you can simply arrange a variety of cheeses and sausages on a large plate along with fresh vegetables, fruits, and fresh herbs. Then it is enough to organize them before the guests arrive, on the day of the party, if you prepare well, it does not take much time. Make sure you make a list before you go shopping. Good preparation includes the following steps:
- Think about what you want to offer, list them, and shop. Store the products in the refrigerator in their packaging.
- If you don’t have enough cutlery, plates or bowls and napkins, get eco-friendly disposable products.
- Buy fresh herbs in bunches and keep them in a glass of water like flowers to keep them fresh.
- Do not cut tomatoes or onions the day before, as they will soften and look unappetizing the next day. It is better to use small cherry tomatoes that do not need to be cut.
- Apples, pears, bananas and melons should not be cut up the day before. They turn brown, fade and may appear unappetizing.
- Don’t forget to buy several varieties of fresh bread or rolls. But only cut it right before the event to prevent it from drying out.
Recipes to prepare the day before: snacks with vegetables and fruits
However, if you want the bites to be fully prepared, pay attention to the following:
- Use vegetables and fruits that are still crisp the next day, such as B. gherkins or olives, cherry tomatoes, grapes, blueberries or currants.
- Choose bread that doesn’t dry out or puff up quickly. Whole wheat bread is a good alternative.
- Store snacks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- That way, they’ll be ready to eat the next day, and you won’t have to do anything with them other than serve them decoratively to your guests.
Cold buffet: Vegetarian snacks
Vegetarian stuffed pumpkin bites are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for serving the next day. All you have to do is stick a toothpick with a mini mozzarella and a piece of herb garnish on it. For 40 bites you need these ingredients:
- 7-8 medium pumpkins
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 40 mini mozzarella
- For serving, 1 bunch of herbs of your choice, basil or dill goes great
- 40 tumors
- Cut the pumpkin lengthwise into large slices. Each pumpkin should come out with about 5-6 slices without ends. You can cut them a little thinner. Sprinkle the slices with a little salt and pepper.
- In a steak pan, fry the tongues in olive oil over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Set the slices aside to cool.
- When the steamed pumpkin slices have cooled, wrap each cherry tomato in it and store the prepared bites in an airtight tupperware container in the refrigerator until the next day.
- Before serving, stick a piece of mini mozzarella on the skewer and garnish with fresh herbs. You shouldn’t leave the mozzarella out overnight, otherwise it will dry out and look unappetizing.
Make a finger food the day before: Crispy Buffalo Wings from the Casserole
You can easily and easily prepare chicken wings the day before, store them in the refrigerator and heat them briefly in the oven before serving, then they will be not only tender, but also crispy. For its preparation, it is suitable to use a multicooker or a pot, because the result is very juicy, the meat is so soft that it falls off the bone, and you really only need to open the knob and turn it 1-2 times. The next day, just reheat on the baking sheet and crisp up. For 10 servings you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 kg of fresh chicken wings
- To rub the wings:
3 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp salt, 1.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 2.5 tsp onion powder, 2.5 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp. paprika powder, 1.5 tsp chili powder, 1.5 tsp cumin, 1.5 tsp dried parsley
- For the Honey Buffalo Sauce:
300ml hot sauce, 200ml honey, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons cane molasses
- Take a bowl, mix the spices to rub the wings. Rub the meat with it and put it in the pot.
- Using an empty bowl, add the Honey Buffalo Sauce ingredients, mix together and pour the sauce over the chicken wings in the pot.
- Turn the device on “High” for 2 hours or “Low” for 3 – 4 hours.
- Then cool the wings and refrigerate with the remaining sauce until the next day.
- Before serving, place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a little water and bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 5 minutes. Bon Appetit!
You can change the skewers with different vegetables like peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes or olives as you like. Surimi is paired with something hearty, like salami, sausage, and some of your favorite cheeses. Grapes are also very suitable for tumors. You can just finish the skewers and eat them right away the next day. Pack them airtight in a large Tupperware container overnight and serve beautifully the next day. Be sure to use skewers made from rapidly renewable materials to help protect the environment.
Recipes for snacks in a glass: salads
You can easily prepare the salads the day before and store them overnight in small bowls or glasses. Don’t forget to put some cling film on top to keep everything fresh. Don’t use sliced tomatoes or onions, they won’t be appetizing the next day. Don’t fill it with dressing either, you can do it the next day or set it up in an extra container for self-service.
- Use a seasonal salad, top with cherry tomatoes, some cheese or mozzarella, and a variety of seeds. For example, pine nuts are very suitable.
- You can make a dressing with olive oil, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and add some chopped herbs.
- A yogurt sauce made from yogurt, a little water and olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, chopped herbs and nuts is also very fresh.
Make finger food the day before: mini burger sandwiches
Making famous small sandwiches does not require much time and effort. Storing overnight in an airtight container is also not a problem. To make these snacks, use mini burger buns and spread with some butter, cream cheese or garlic cream. Top them with your choice of ham or salami and slices of cheese. You can also add a slice of cucumber, just be careful with the tomato slices as they can become unappetizing and dry overnight. Arrange small sandwiches on nice, green lettuce leaves. Each guest can grab one and enjoy it with, say, buffalo wings and a bowl of salad.
Sweets in a small jar, chia coconut pudding with hazelnut topping
Small delicacies for guests, ready in a glass. How about something sweet that’s also healthy and delicious? You can make this treat a day in advance and refrigerate overnight. For 10-15 servings you will need:
- 1 liter of coconut milk
- 150 g of chia seeds
- 5 kg of honey
- For the top: 100 g of ground hazelnuts, 2 tsp of cocoa, 1 tsp of cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix coconut milk with honey, add chia seeds and mix again. Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes, stir again and divide everything into small glasses three-quarters high. Put the jars in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take a small bowl and mix the ground hazelnuts with cocoa and cinnamon. Make the topping by spreading the mixture over the chia pudding. Now put the containers back in the fridge overnight so that the seeds swell up nicely.
A lot of pre-cut fruit will be discolored and unusable the next day. A good solution for prepared fruit is to make chocolate fruit or skewers and then refrigerate them until the next day. For 30 skewers you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of chocolate – white, whole milk or dark chocolate
- fruits of your choice
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath, it should not boil.
- Dip the fruit in the chocolate and place on a wire rack to drain.
- Just refrigerate until the next day and serve beautifully.