Nutella popcorn is the latest food trend on TikTok
Winter is long, the couch at home has become a substitute for the club. There, we binge-watch series and movies on streaming services: We binge-watch the latest season of The Guilty on Netflix, discuss And So With Our BFFs. Fingerway!” will remain our Guilty Pleasure for Winter 2022 (but don’t tell us!). One thing is always the same in all of these series: they’re even better with a snack! And a hot contender for that. “Snack of the Year” It’s the latest TikTok trend going viral in the food sector: Nutella Caramel Popcorn!
Nutella popcorn: This is the best TikTok food recipe
First things first: You know us, we love Nutella. And popcorn. And recently we can already detect it Nutella popcorn! The best flawless recipe we show you here.
FYI: There are also TikTok accounts that put butter, sugar, Nutella, and unpopped popcorn together in a pot, cover it, and wait until it’s all ready. It can work – or even burn. Anyway, you can find our favorite recipe, if not here “A Pot of Popcorn” but it tastes heavenly and is guaranteed to be a hit!
Our favorite Nutella popcorn recipe
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 pieces of dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons of Nutella
- 8 tablespoons butter or oil
- popcorn corn
- First, prepare the popcorn: To do this, melt 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in a pan, add the popcorn, cover and wait.
Hint: Shake the pot often to make sure all the corn kernels are really thrown out. Set the finished popcorn aside.
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Once the sugar has caramelized, stir in the remaining butter or oil, Nutella and three pieces of dark chocolate.
Attention, risk of burning! If the pot is too hot, the sugar and Nutella will burn too quickly. So it’s better to take a step back and patiently mix it up. As soon as a homogeneous mass is formed, you can add a pinch of sea salt.
- Now mix the popcorn and Nutella butter mixture together, preferably in such a way that the chocolate Nutella mixture covers all the popcorn. Then he Popcorn leave to dry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. And here begins the annoying part: waiting Nutella mix fixed, because otherwise you’d end up with Nutella on the wall, on the couch, or wherever, not in the popcorn.
life hack: Alternatively, you can put the popcorn on a baking tray in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes, turn once after five minutes, and your preparation time is less than 15 minutes. Nutella popcorn enjoy!
- After the cooking or waiting period, stir vigorously again and voilà: yours is ready Movie night snack!