Updated: 16.12.2021 – 17:23
Airy and fruity
Negroni Pie for Christmas: For a happy meeting
As you know, there are various delicious pastries for the festival. If you also want to try something new, then Negroni pie will come in handy.
And this is how it is done:
- Wash the organic oranges in boiling water, dry them, finely grate the peel and squeeze the juice. Add the remaining orange juice to 160ml and bring to the boil in a saucepan with the orange zest, lemon juice, 150ml water, coriander and juniper, then set aside and allow to simmer until ready to use.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and place in a buttered springform pan (approx. 22cm ø), smoothing the edge and leaving 1-2cm overhang. Prick the base of the dough a few times with a fork and chill for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C up and down. Cover the base of the dough with baking paper and dry beans and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove, remove the beans and baking paper again and bake the base until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove, trim the edge if necessary and allow the base to cool.
- Strain the orange juice mixture into the pan and bring to a boil. Mix the starch with four tablespoons of cold water until smooth, pour and cook over low heat for three minutes, stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat, add powdered sugar and mix. Whisk in the egg yolks, then the butter, Campari and vermouth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Mix everything well with a whisk again, pour the cream into the pre-baked base and refrigerate the cake for about two hours.
- Beat the egg whites with lemon juice until thick, filter the powdered sugar. Continue beating the egg whites until they are glossy and stiff. Spread the meringue over the pie until fluffy. Lightly brown the ends on the broiler (or under a hot oven grill) and serve with Negroni pie cut into pieces.
Peace returns everywhere at Christmas and thoughtful time with loved ones can begin. Invite your family and enjoy the meeting. You only need our heaven Negroni Pie for Christmas cook and at the latest everyone will be perfectly happy.
Of course, we have other great recipes for the Christmas season. Be sure to try our baked apples with apple cream. Their fragrance officially heralds the holiday. The Christmas layered dessert with berries and stollen is also highly recommended.
You can find more beautiful ideas for Christmas cakes in our gallery:
AD: Why not have your next purchase delivered to your home? Click here for the REWE online store >>
Still looking for the ultimate recipe for the best Christmas cookies? Then take a look at our topic page.
show the description