Sometimes hunger strikes at the worst possible time, but some quick weight loss snacks can be a good alternative to meals. If you’re juggling a chaotic schedule with a stressful daily life in addition to your diet plan, these types of recipes are perfect for that. It can be tempting to eat unhealthy snacks with added sugar more often, which in turn can lead to weight loss. Fortunately, there are many recipe ideas that can help you with this task. Among the dishes you can prepare quickly, there are suitable suggestions.
Prepare snacks to lose weight in a short time
These healthy snack recipes require no preparation and no effort. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes. If you’ve turned to processed foods for lunch or a late-night snack in the past, these examples can help you make healthy dietary changes. From fun recipes that put an interesting twist on old classics to others packed with protein and fiber, these easy weight loss snacks take less than 5 minutes to make.
A quick and healthy salad with tuna
Creamy yogurt replaces mayonnaise in this easy healthy tuna salad recipe that only takes five minutes to make. Packed with 34 grams of protein, this easy snack is perfect for those who want a hearty meal but may be short on time. In addition, it is easy to prepare such a salad during lunch at the office. However, you can make a big batch earlier in the week to fuel your body for breakfast, lunch, or after a workout. Tuna salad can also be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days. That’s plenty of time to enjoy a snack during the work week.
- 1 can of tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Juice of 2 lemon slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- To serve: crackers or toast
All you have to do is add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until they are evenly mixed. Then enjoy the right weight loss snacks like crackers, baked chips, whole wheat toast, carrots, cucumber sticks or wraps.
High protein weight loss snacks with peanut butter and seeds
You can easily make these protein snacks with peanut butter. They’re full of texture and flavor, so they can be made with healthy ingredients like oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and palm syrup. Best of all, this snack doesn’t require any baking, which means you’ll spend less time in the kitchen preparing it. Store these energizing bites in an airtight container for up to 7 days during the week. They keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. However, if you are eating these weight loss snacks straight from the freezer, it would be best to soften them a bit in the refrigerator or at room temperature first. Nutritional value per scoop: 150 kcal, 8.8 g, of which 1.2 g sat, 14 g carbohydrates, 3.2 g fiber, 7.7 g sugar and 6.6 g protein.
- 1/2 cup naturally-dripping peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup honey (palm syrup or coconut syrup)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup protein powder of your choice
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (vegan if desired)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- In the bowl of your food processor or blender, combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, protein powder, flaxseed meal, oatmeal, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
- Add the chocolate chips (and coconut, if using) and mix a few more times until the mixture is smooth.
- Then use a medium sized rubber spatula or your hands to scoop out the dough and form into 10 balls, then place them in an airtight container.
- Prepare without a food processor:
- Place the soft ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- At this point you should be able to form balls that will stick together.
- Since all peanut butter/nut butter consistencies are different and depending on the protein powder you use, you may need to add more nut butter or sweetener to help the balls stick together.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months and enjoy.
Vegetarian wraps with fresh vegetables
While the wraps are delicious on their own, the fillings can help with weight loss for vegetarians. You can use hummus and green curry paste as a dip that you combine with crunchy and healthy vegetables. So if you’re looking for a nutritious snack to keep you going between meals, try this vegetarian recipe that calls for shredded carrots, avocado, green curry paste, and hummus. The ingredients are tightly packed and blend perfectly with each other. You can also use gluten-free dough or other types of flour for the base. With only 236 calories, these easy wraps can become your favorite afternoon snack.
Ingredients for 5 packets:
- 5 packages of your choice
- 2/3 cup hummus
- green curry paste
- One red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- A bunch or cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups roasted carrots
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups cabbage, chopped
- First, place a single wrap on a clean surface or cutting board.
- Then add 2 tablespoons (~32g) of hummus and 1 1/2 tablespoons of curry paste (~22g) and spread on the end of the wrap closest to you.
- Then arrange the peppers, carrots, avocado, cabbage and cilantro on top and roll the wrap tightly away from you.
- Then invert and arrange on a serving tray.
- Repeat for the remaining 4 wraps or as many times as desired.
- Serve fresh or refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 day.
Zucchini with parmesan instead of chips as a snack for weight loss
This easy, summery recipe for an appetizer you can serve with just about anything only takes three ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and about five minutes to make. So you can replace your chips with a healthy snack and save extra calories. All you need to create this delicious yet healthy snack is sliced zucchini, some butter, Parmesan and a little seasoning. You can use regular green zucchini, yellow squash or a combination of both, it’s just delicious. Instead of slicing the squash, you can cut your zucchini into spirals and even make the base for spaghetti sauce or other pasta sauces.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced according to your taste, depending on the portion
- 2 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or more if needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To microwave the zucchini, first place the round slices in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook vegetables over high heat for 4 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Then drain the pumpkin and add the butter to melt.
- Then sprinkle the vegetable chips with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve the snack covered to keep warm.
- To cook pumpkin in the oven:
- Place the steamer basket in a pot with 1/2 cup of water or under the bottom of the steamer.
- Fill the steamer basket with zucchini and cover with a lid, then bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Drain the water from the pumpkin, remove the steam, then add the butter and melt.
- Taste and serve hot again.
Quick low carb cake
Just because you want to eat healthier doesn’t mean you have to give up all the goodies. This quick and easy low-carb brownie recipe uses almond flour, sugar substitute, and cocoa powder. This allows you to create a delicious dessert that rivals your local bakery. Plus, this healthy mug is made without butter, oil, grains, or sugar. It’s also paleo, vegan, gluten-free, keto-friendly, low-calorie, and dairy-free.
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond oil or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of milk of your choice, such as unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips of your choice (optional)
- First, lightly coat a small microwave-safe cereal bowl or ramekin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the smooth almond butter with the milk and whisk together.
- Combine soft and dry ingredients into a homogeneous mass.
- If you use chocolate chips, you can crush them.
- Microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove from the microwave and let rest for a minute before enjoying.
- Preparation in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease an ovenproof casserole dish and prepare your brownie batter before pouring it into the greased casserole dish.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute before eating.