Leberkäs rolls are one of the most popular snacks at Oktoberfest. You can also easily prepare sweets at home.
Leberkäse, or Leberkäse in Bavarian, is a typical specialty from Bavaria. Pieces of meat in a roll are especially popular. With our recipe, you can make meatloaf yourself. For this you need a meat grinder. Alternatively, you can buy meatloaf from the butcher to bake yourself.
Liver Cheese Recipe
Ingredients (for four servings):
- 400 g lean beef
- 400 grams of pork
- 200 g of skinless pork
- Ice cubes (1/4 L water frozen until ice)
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of marjoram
This is how Leberkäse-Brät succeeds
- First, cut well-chilled pork and beef into large pieces. Then pass through a meat grinder.
- Then blend in a blender until smooth.
- Add some salt, pepper and ice.
- Now turn the pork through a meat grinder (coarse) and cut the onion into small pieces.
- Fold both under the sausage meat. Add the marjoram and mix it all together.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours. However, you should process them further on the same day.
Liver Cheese: Celebrate like Oktoberfest
Then it’s time to cook. For this, you need a baking tray so that the meatloaf takes on its typical appearance.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan.
- Flatten them and cut the characteristic diamond pattern with a knife (about 5 millimeters deep).
- Place the mold in the oven. Bake in a preheated oven on the middle shelf at 180 degrees Celsius, the meatloaf takes about an hour.
- Allow the roast to rest for ten minutes before cutting. Then you can cut slices about one centimeter thick and put them on a sliced bread roll. Top the meatloaf with mustard and/or ketchup – the meatloaf is ready.
Alternatively, you can serve a meatloaf with potato salad and a bagel, or with French fries and a fried egg. These are also hearty delicacies.