Pumpkin pie isn’t just Harry Potter’s favorite cake. The classic pumpkin pie is also very popular at Halloween. Here is the recipe.
When you think of October and Halloween, pumpkins aren’t far away. As a decoration, in delicious pumpkin soup or pumpkin pasta – golden October and almost equally golden fruit are inseparable. Therefore, some Halloween fans like to bake pumpkin pie for the event on October 31st.
Harry Potter also appreciates the pumpkin pie classic because pumpkin pie is his favorite cake. If you’re looking for more culinary inspiration for Halloween, why not try spider muffins, Halloween cakes, edible brains or Mexican death pancakes.
To cook a classic pumpkin pie for Halloween, you will need the following ingredients
For the pumpkin pie dough:
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 75 grams of cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 grams of margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
For Harry Potter’s Favorite Pumpkin Pie Topping:
- 700 g pumpkin puree
- 180 grams of sugar cane
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch of clove powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 grams of cream cheese
To dust your pumpkin pie for Halloween, you’ll need some powdered sugar.
Make your favorite Harry Potter cake: How to make a pumpkin cake for Halloween
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cane sugar and salt in a bowl, then add the margarine, egg yolk and lemon juice. Mix the dough for the pumpkin pie with a mixer until crumbly. After that, squeeze the dough together with your hands.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead a smooth dough on a lightly floured work surface. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for half an hour.
- For the pumpkin pie, using a stand mixer, mix pumpkin puree, cane sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, eggs, salt and cream cheese.
- For the pumpkin pie, remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a high-sided, greased springform pan. Prick the base of the dough with a fork a few times and then pour the filling on top of the cake batter.
- Bake the pumpkin pie for about an hour at 175 degrees Celsius (convection oven 160 degrees Celsius). After the cooking time is over, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the mold.
Before serving Harry Potter’s favorite pumpkin pie for Halloween, you can dust the pumpkin pie crust with a little powdered sugar if you like.