Still looking for Halloween-friendly recipes? Scary Chocolate Muffins are perfect for a spooky event on October 31st.
Halloween is just around the corner and you’re dying to get your house in a spooky mood? It’s not just your home decor that contributes to the spooky atmosphere. Culinary Halloween snacks should not be missing. For example, do you know sausage mummies, spaghetti with scary eyes or bloody witch fingers? If you want to go in a more dessert direction, why not bake a Halloween classic Pumpkin Pie.
The GDR classic Mooskuchen, known from the Netflix series “Kleo”, also goes perfectly with the spooky festival on October 31. You can also refer to the recipe below Simply backen.de Try: Spooky Chocolate Spider Cupcakes for Halloween.
Halloween Snack: For 24 chocolate brownies you will need the following ingredients
For the Spooky Spider Muffins:
- 4 eggs (size M)
- 200 grams of sugar
- 160 ml neutral cooking oil
- 400 g of sour cream
- 360 grams of flour
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 200 g of dark chocolate chips
To decorate the Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 400 g bittersweet couverture
- 200 g of chocolate is sprinkled
- 48 sugar decorations (candy eyes or chocolate beans)
- 200-400 g soft licorice sticks
Preparation: How to Make Your Spider Cupcakes Scary and Delicious for Halloween
- First, eggs, sugar, butter and sour cream are mixed, then flour, cocoa and baking powder are added. When everything is well and evenly mixed, you can preheat the oven to 180 degrees up/down heat (160 degrees fan oven).
- Line your muffin tins with muffin cases. If you want to do something good for the environment and bake muffins more often, you can buy reusable silicone muffin tins instead of using paper muffin tins.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the muffin batter and divide evenly among the muffin cups you placed in the muffin pan. Another advantage of silicone muffin tins: They are more stable than paper and therefore do not lose their shape even in a regular baking pan.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and let them cool completely.
- Roughly chop the couverture and melt it in a water bath. You can then brush the cooled muffins with the couverture.
- Place the chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl and dip the chocolate muffins into the bowl. Leave the strawberries to dry a little.
- The remaining couverture now serves as glue. Put them in a piping bag and put 2 small dots of chocolate where you want to see the eyes of the scary spider muffins. Now place the sugar eyes or chocolate lentils in the same places.
- For the spider legs of the spooky Halloween muffins, cut licorice sticks into strips about four centimeters long. Spiders have eight legs. So take the piping bag with the couverture again as glue and make chocolate flakes where you want to stick the licorice legs.
Be sure to leave the cupcakes intact until the chocolate is properly set so the creepy spider muffins don’t lose their eyes and legs.