Author Julia Quinn’s Bridgeton books and the Netflix series of the same name are hard to beat. There are now 8 titles – the ninth (News from Lady Whistledown) is due out on 21 July 2022. Two seasons are already available to search on Netflix, and a third is in the works.
The series is a hit for all senses
If you want to experience the series with all your senses, our book recommendation “Enjoy it like the Bridgertons – the unofficial cookbook for the series” is the right choice. There are tea cakes, delicacies for a picnic in the park, recipe ideas for dinner with the Queen and much more. At PRINZ.DE, we’re excited about the Duke of Hastings’ favorite: corn pie.
Delicious Summer Pie Recipe: A Duke’s Pie
What you need for the cake:
For the dough
150g cold butter, plus more for the mould
200g wheat flour type 405, plus more to work with
1 pinch of salt
500 g corn (fresh or frozen)
100 grams of sugar
2 eggs (size M)
1 tsp vanilla sugar
Zest of 1 raw lemon
200 g of cream
sweet cream, whipped until stiff, or vanilla sauce
This is how it works:
- Chop the butter. Quickly knead the flour with butter, 5 tablespoons of water and salt, get a smooth dough. Wrap it in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, mix the cleaned or frozen corn with 50g of sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of water (omit the water if you have frozen berries) and heat. Cook the berries, stirring, for 5 minutes (frozen berries a little longer). Set aside and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/fan. Grease the pie pan.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining 50 g of sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy. Stir in the lemon zest and cream. Spread the dough on a lightly floured work surface and line the shape with it.
- If they have released a lot of liquid and spread it over the dough base, drain them in a colander. Pour the cream over it and bake the pie on the middle shelf for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve while still slightly warm with whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
Not only does it look delicious – it tastes great too! It is better to cook immediately. The Duke will be delighted…
Luxury tea time!
In addition to the great recipes, the Enjoy Like the Bridgertons cookbook has plenty of inspiration for stylish table decorations. Of course, the cake is even more delicious and you can feel like one of the main actors of the enchantment.