For cold days
Pumpkin Spice: 3 Spice Recipes Sweeten Fall
Pumpkin Spice: Here’s how this spice works at home.
Fall is here and with it comes time for delicious Pumpkin Spice! Spice mix from USA it is very popular not only there, but also in Germany. But what exactly does the mix consist of? And can you do it yourself?
Pumpkin Spice: What’s Behind the Spice?
Pumpkin Spice is a spice blend from the United States that is often used with pumpkin dishes. Whether sweet or savory – the mixture can be used in many ways. However, the most popular flavor is quite sweet as im Pumpkin Spice Latte or Pumpkin Pie.
Here’s how to make your own pumpkin spice
The aromatics in the mixture are mainly cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger. smell and taste also reminiscent of gingerbread During Christmas. Pumpkin spice may also contain other flavors such as cloves, star anise, and cardamom. These give the mixture an even more spicy depth. You can also easily prepare spices at home. For this you need the following items:
- star anise
This is how it works:
- Use all the spices: Spices are best used uncrushed and coarse. This is how the flavors are strongest.
- Chop the spices: After combining all the spices, place them in a powerful chopper like the Grundig Compact Multi Chopper*. Grind the ingredients until it becomes a fine powder.
- Bottle seasoning: Then put everything in an airtight jar. It’s over!
Tip: Alternatively, if you don’t have a blender, you can buy pre-ground spices and mix them yourself.
Recommendations from our partners
Pumpkin Spice Syrup: Homemade Hype Drinks
Perhaps the most popular fall drink is the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It consists of coffee, milk and pumpkin spice syrup. However, the drink is often only available in coffee shops and is very easy to make yourself.
- 300 ml of water
- 300 g of brown (tastes like caramel) or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100 g pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
How to make the syrup:
- Prepare pumpkin puree: Before starting the syrup, first prepare the pumpkin puree. For this, boil your pumpkin until soft and mash it or make it into a thin cream.
- put in water: Put a pot with 300 milliliters of water.
- add sugar: While the water is slowly heating, add the sugar. Stir constantly to melt.
- Mix with spices and puree: As soon as the mixture begins to boil, add the spices and puree. Then let it boil for another 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and fill: Once the mixture has cooled, pour it into small glass bottles – like gouveo* bottles – and chill in the fridge.
- Mixed drink: Now you can make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte with coffee and frothed milk anytime!
Tip: If you don’t want to go through the hassle, just shop around: Alternatively, syrup from the Monin* brand is also available, for example, on Amazon.
Pumpkin Spice: Also perfect for baking
Pumpkin Spice isn’t just for tasty drinks: The spice blend is also good for baking. It creates a special taste, especially in cakes and cupcakes. We will tell you how you can easily make pumpkin spice muffins yourself.
- 340 grams of flour
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 115 ml of oil
- 115 grams of white sugar
- 115 g of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g pumpkin puree
How to make muffins:
- Preheat the oven: Heat the oven to 190 degrees (convection).
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a bowl, combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients together.
- Mix the wet components: In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Blend them until fluffy with a hand mixer like the Bosch hand mixer*.
- Fold in the dry ingredients: When all the wet ingredients are combined, gradually fold in the dry ingredients. Make sure there are no lumps.
- filling mass: When everything becomes a smooth dough, fill the mass into small muffin cups. Silicone molds are also good here, such as Amazon Basics Reusable Baking Molds*. They can be reused and save waste.
- Bake the muffins: Now bake the muffins for 17-22 minutes. It is better to use a toothpick to check whether the muffins are ready.
Make your own pumpkin spice!
Pumpkin spice is just part of feeling good in the fall! This fall only, something’s changing: You no longer have to buy delicious Pumpkin Spice products anywhere else. With our simple recipes quickly imagine your own drinks and desserts at home.
*We use affiliate links in this article. If you purchase products through these links, we receive a commission from the seller. There is no additional cost to you. Where and when you buy the product is of course up to you.